Canada Poland Social Security Agreement

Canada currently has international social security agreements with more than 50 countries. These agreements coordinate pension plans for people who have lived or worked in two countries. Meeting these minimum contribution requirements is generally not difficult if you have lived in Canada all your life. It is much more difficult if you have moved to one or another country partly through life. In the absence of a social security agreement between these countries, individuals would not be entitled to benefits from one or both of these countries. I see that you are an expert on this subject and enjoy reading your answers to other people`s questions. My wife and I have been Canadian citizens since the mid-1990s, but we have lived in the United States since the late 1990s. While I was earning in the United States and amassing 40 Social Security credits, my wife earned a salary in the United States and lived in Canada for about 4 years. Could his stay of more than 18 years in the United States be used to help him meet the 10-year Canadian residency requirement or the 20-year A-Canada residence requirement for OAS benefits for 20 years? Is the OAS`s power about $578 per person or couple? Is there a chance or risk that the OAS may be reduced/eliminated in the future, especially for Canadian citizens who are entitled to rights in another country such as the United States? As part of this agreement, German pensions for working in the ghetto are transferred to authorized persons residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland. Among the 50 countries are the United States, France, Germany, Australia, Japan and many small countries. Canada has only a limited agreement with the United Kingdom. The right of access to social security benefits in Canada and most other countries generally requires that you meet certain minimum contribution criteria.

For example, you are definitely entitled to a CPP pension, even without using the agreement. You are entitled to a small OAS pension under the contract. Dear Doug, great and useful contributions, thank you very much. My case is this: worked in Romania for ten years between 1990 and 2000, lived and worked in Canada for six years (all taxes paid), from 2001 to 2006, then moved to Romania to be my aging parents, where I have since my residency and work. Question 1: Given that the international social security agreement with Romania will come into force on 01.11.2011, does it apply retroactively if the aforementioned six Canadian years are taken into account (and into account)? This is intended for totalization in both countries, I would decide to apply at the age of 65. Maybe it`s Romania. Question 2: What Canadian pension benefits would I be entitled to if I added up the three contribution segments? Hello Pierre – If you have been in Canada for at least 20 years after the age of 18, you are entitled to a partial OAS, wherever you live without agreement.